Me and LIL (Lily in Lyon)
7:06 PM
An underrated trip that turned out to be most interesting. This was the last bout of my travelling and to be honest, I was quite exhuasted when I packed up to go. I arrived back from Spain on the 4th Jan midnight, and I left for Lyon on the 7th. Just barely enough time to do laundry, do a bit of packing for the long trip back home, pack up my backpack with the old dreary winter clothes and off I was. I didn't even pack my makeup bag... so it was all basic essentials and off I was. But when I got to Lyon, it was awesome to meet Lily whom I haven't met for like over a year? I think that also it was just good to be back in the company of friends and hang out and chat about the old days... Weather wise, it was soooo COLD! That first week I was there, it snowed in Lyon for the first time in 3 years.... and the entire city was just basically caught unawares... museums opened late and closed early.... trams shut down etc etc... and just cold cold cold.... But regardless, Lyon is a beautiful city, day and night. Despite my dismal french, I still managed to get by and even received quite good service, which was so unlike Paris. Of course, it also does help to have a friend who speaks French very fluently :P
Pictures below:
Lyon at night at Foch: lily's neighbourhood...

Crossing the river over to the city centre


City Hall Building at night

Fine Arts Museum

Frozen fountain...



Shopping District

There's something with the French n their obsession with roundabouts.. you can find them all over the city...


Snow crusted boots... A wonder for us both... very cold wet feeling for our legs too!

Playing with the snow near Lily's place on the way home one night after Jazz club... wonder what the owner must have thought the next morning when he saw my name on his sports car :P

Jazz club that Lily usually goes to. It's a very small place but evidently quite popular..


Pictures below:
Lyon at night at Foch: lily's neighbourhood...
Crossing the river over to the city centre
City Hall Building at night
Fine Arts Museum
Frozen fountain...
Shopping District
There's something with the French n their obsession with roundabouts.. you can find them all over the city...
Snow crusted boots... A wonder for us both... very cold wet feeling for our legs too!
Playing with the snow near Lily's place on the way home one night after Jazz club... wonder what the owner must have thought the next morning when he saw my name on his sports car :P
Jazz club that Lily usually goes to. It's a very small place but evidently quite popular..