Genova city
11:32 PM
Ok, so despite all the train drama, I did walk all around the city and exploring the streets. Pic above is the Genova PP station, the starting point of my train troubles LOL....
Ok, so Genova is also known for its focaccia bread, and they have many cafes like the one below selling all different types of focaccia breads and pizzas with different topings.... It was like eating every 4 hours just so that I could try something new...
The thing about Genova is its architecture. You could spend hours walking around the city on a lecture on art history....
Palazzo Ducale: which is known as the cultural, historical and monumental heart of the city. Built at the request of the government of the republic at the end of the 16th century.
Cattedrale de San Lorenzo: Back, front and close up. It's built on a pre-existing romanesque structure with black and white stone stripes. Inside is the treasure of San Lorenzo and the "Sacro Catino", said by some to be the holy grail.
Portico Antico- the old port. This is where the big Biosfera is , which hourse a rain forest ecosystem. The Aquarium is also here, which is one of the biggest in the world. But personally, for 18 Euros, quite a bit of a disappointment for me.... I liked the one in Sydney better... but each to their own yah... I'm sure many Italians would love to disagree with me..




Museo della Lanterna (Lighthourse museum in the distance)