This was quite an impromptu trip. Didn't really want to waste another day in the city, so I practically ran to the tourist office in the late afternoon and asked if they had any available tours for the next day, so I just hopped on this one. So this tour stopped for a brief stop at Predjama castle, but they didn't go in... so in a way I'm glad that I had been for the previous tour as our guide brought us into the castle and we got to see the caves. Our guide this time was friendly, but in terms of knowledge, couldn't really provide much. He was just like a driver for the day... :) Our next stop was the Skocjan Caves, which are must less visited but argued (by most locals) as more enchanting than Postojna. The main thing about Skocjan caves is that it is much bigger than Postojna and involves more walking around. I didn't really take much pictures this time as the lighting wasn't very good in the caves, but having been to both caves, you really get to see really different geological structures... included the famous murmuring caves, which is reputedly the world's largest subterranean canyon.

Town of Skocjan above the valley... typical European village to be characterised by the church's steeple

Easy way up! Furnicular back up to the top.

Caves exit..

Looking down into the valley below...

After the caves, our driver brought us through Lipica to see the Lipizzaner horses. We just stopped by the road when he spotted some. haha.... honestly I was happy with that... I didn't really need to see some stud farm show as offered in other tours, I was happy with just seeing the horses and taking a couple of pictures. Anyhow, the Lipizzaner horses are the product of fastidious breeding that can be dated back to 1580 when the Austrians established the farm in order to add Spanish and Arab blood to the Lipizzaner strain that was first used by the Romans for chariot races.

Last stop was at Piran the seaside town of Slovenia... across the sea one could see Italy, thus showing how close your neighbours literally are... and awesome it is to live in Europe. Within 2-3 hours of travelling, you can be in another country which is totally different from the city which you came from!


Heh, right below where I was taking pictures, I saw a couple of people sunbathing and was like oh ok.. I'll take a picture of that... I was wearing my sunnies so I couldn't really see too well and just quickly snapped one... later on, the people in my tour were like saying... WOAH nude beach... I was like huh... where? And then Sarah and Helen pointed down and then this time I looked closer and was like no shit!!!! So... just to clarify... honest mistake! But well... culture shock for me!! haha...

It is a small town, but the streets are quite pleasant to walk through.... along the seaside, you will see many tourists (mostly italians) sunbathing on the rocks. There is no beach unfortunately, just rocks and the sea... I don't know how the tourists do it, but they literally just lie down on the hard rock/road and sunbathe for hours.


I didn't bring my swimsuit, so i just sat with Sarah (this Aussie girl working in London atm) by the seaside... getting my shorts wet in the process.... and of course we had ice cream later...


So our tour group got along quite well... so we decided to meet up for drinks... at Skeleton barrrrrr!!! again! Ok... who can really resist 2 for 1 deals... needless... I had quite a bit that night... but it was fun!!! haha... Got back to the hostel past midnight and feel asleep almost instantly...
Town of Skocjan above the valley... typical European village to be characterised by the church's steeple
Easy way up! Furnicular back up to the top.
Caves exit..
Looking down into the valley below...

After the caves, our driver brought us through Lipica to see the Lipizzaner horses. We just stopped by the road when he spotted some. haha.... honestly I was happy with that... I didn't really need to see some stud farm show as offered in other tours, I was happy with just seeing the horses and taking a couple of pictures. Anyhow, the Lipizzaner horses are the product of fastidious breeding that can be dated back to 1580 when the Austrians established the farm in order to add Spanish and Arab blood to the Lipizzaner strain that was first used by the Romans for chariot races.

Last stop was at Piran the seaside town of Slovenia... across the sea one could see Italy, thus showing how close your neighbours literally are... and awesome it is to live in Europe. Within 2-3 hours of travelling, you can be in another country which is totally different from the city which you came from!

Heh, right below where I was taking pictures, I saw a couple of people sunbathing and was like oh ok.. I'll take a picture of that... I was wearing my sunnies so I couldn't really see too well and just quickly snapped one... later on, the people in my tour were like saying... WOAH nude beach... I was like huh... where? And then Sarah and Helen pointed down and then this time I looked closer and was like no shit!!!! So... just to clarify... honest mistake! But well... culture shock for me!! haha...
It is a small town, but the streets are quite pleasant to walk through.... along the seaside, you will see many tourists (mostly italians) sunbathing on the rocks. There is no beach unfortunately, just rocks and the sea... I don't know how the tourists do it, but they literally just lie down on the hard rock/road and sunbathe for hours.

I didn't bring my swimsuit, so i just sat with Sarah (this Aussie girl working in London atm) by the seaside... getting my shorts wet in the process.... and of course we had ice cream later...

So our tour group got along quite well... so we decided to meet up for drinks... at Skeleton barrrrrr!!! again! Ok... who can really resist 2 for 1 deals... needless... I had quite a bit that night... but it was fun!!! haha... Got back to the hostel past midnight and feel asleep almost instantly...
Wow, amazing to see a Singaporean in Slovenia lor :P I had 4 Korean friends to Slovenia recently, I was their tour guide and they loved it :) I hope more Asian vist :)
You're welcome to come again any time :)