Last night in Brussels... everyone was looking to have a good time and get drunk. Met a canadian guy at the hostel who was doing beer research in Brussels because he was interested in opening his own brewery back in canada. After a quick dinner (because I was super hungry), we headed down to Delirium which has the guinness book of records for having the most number of beers on offer at their pub, 2500 beers to be exact. So here we were... literally on a beer rampage...
For the first round, we let the canadian guy do the buying... and he introduced us to a range of beers... one which I particularly liked was barbar... a honey flavoured beer... but bear in mind that most of the beers that night had an eight percent alcohol content, which is higher than normal ones...
One thing I can appreciate about pub culture, just sit back enjoy, chat and sip your beer.... while listening to live music in the background...

Drinking from the boot: House beer.
You have to drink the book tipped to the side... if you drink with the front facing you, the beer will slosh onto your face...

Drinking cactus beer... I kid you not... and it actually tastes quite nice too...
Trying passionfruit beer and smoky bacon beer... obviously I tried alot of beers that night... Didn't really like that smoky bacon beer though...

Possible gay picture shot: Dear James, I'm going to miss you a lot when I go back home, so maybe you can leave me a goodbye message on my video camera which I will carry with me always :P
Needless to say... we spent like 5 hours in that bar and didn't emerge till 3 in the morning.... It was like wow... everyone was like tipsy or trashed.... and just very lightheaded on the way back home... the next day... we were just like errrrrrrrrrrr.... but I did have a delicious sausage panini with belgian sauce and waffles for brunch :P...

So thoughts on Brussels.... for touristy stuff there is not as much to do here as compared to Paris and Amsterdam.... but for a culinary and drinking adventure, this is probably the place to go to..... I was quite glad when I touched back down in Budapest... sad that the holiday was at an end... but travelling did quite take its toll on me.... and my back was starting to ache already in Brussels.... But the travel urge is still strong... just probably a short quick trip the next time :)