According to Wiki: Stonehenge is a prehistoric monument located in the English county of Wiltshire. One of the most famous sites in the world, Stonehenge is composed of earthworks surrounding a circular setting of large standing stones and sits at the centre of the densest complex of Neolithic and Bronze age monuments in England, including several hundred burial mounds.
However, despite the world's fascination with the stones, historians have yet to uncover the significance of the monument though there have been many theories as to their origins....
Passing a burial mound on our way to Stonehenge







Some people call Stonehenge a bit overrated since you drive all the way to this plot of land, walk one round around the monument and you're off.... but regardless, it still makes for a pretty picture :)


16th C prison

Pig farm... the pigs looked really lazy... just heaps of them flung flat down on the ground... I even saw one half lying on the trough... like wth!!!

In the right weather, the English countryside is really pretty.

Red Lion pub... where we had lunch... typical english pub, english beers/ale and lots of english blokes sitting around the bar ordering one beer after another.

This was hung on the wall in the pub.



With big no entry signs posted regularly around the perimeter, it was pretty obvious that I didn't get to go in. I could if I paid but I only had like 10 mins to wander around after lunch so I didn't think it was too worth it. But for Harry Potter fans, this corridors of this abbey was used for filming some of the corridor scenes in Hogwarts in the movie...


Last stop of the day was in Bath. The city of Bath has been a world heritage site since 1987. The city has been established as a spa resort since the Romans, but it became so popular during the Georgian era that it led to the expansion of Georgian Architectue (using Bath stone) that we see today and what the town is mainly famous for. As expected, Bath is very popular among the tourists and is also home to many students as it has 2 universites and many schools and colleges. The main attractions of the city are the Roman baths and the Abbey.

Entrance to the Roman baths


Inside of the roman baths... the foyer. You have to pay extra to go in, so I couldn't really be bothered having seen many in Turkey, of course, not as nice reconstructed as the one here.

Ancient pump room



Bath Abbey



hehe, I actually had one of these which tasted very nice and was needed since we didn't get back to London till like 8pm. It was like a 2hr 30 mins drive from Bath back to London.

Post office building...

Bath Pulteney Bridge, designed after the one in Florence. Space was actually made for shops to be constructed as part of the Bridge as well.





Interesting bar sign: The Ale House: Courage ltd.

Sally lunn's: the oldest house in Bath... just happened to chance upon it when I was walking down around the town.

Kings and Queen's Baths

On our way back to the city, our guide told us that if we looked over, we would actually looking at Wales... but the more surprising thing was the number of hot air balloons in the air at sunset!!!!! So pretty loh! If I can I really want to do that next time, it would be so cool... (but would probably cost me a bomb as well.... but the scenery would be so fantastic).
However, despite the world's fascination with the stones, historians have yet to uncover the significance of the monument though there have been many theories as to their origins....
Passing a burial mound on our way to Stonehenge
Some people call Stonehenge a bit overrated since you drive all the way to this plot of land, walk one round around the monument and you're off.... but regardless, it still makes for a pretty picture :)
16th C prison
Pig farm... the pigs looked really lazy... just heaps of them flung flat down on the ground... I even saw one half lying on the trough... like wth!!!
In the right weather, the English countryside is really pretty.
Red Lion pub... where we had lunch... typical english pub, english beers/ale and lots of english blokes sitting around the bar ordering one beer after another.
This was hung on the wall in the pub.
With big no entry signs posted regularly around the perimeter, it was pretty obvious that I didn't get to go in. I could if I paid but I only had like 10 mins to wander around after lunch so I didn't think it was too worth it. But for Harry Potter fans, this corridors of this abbey was used for filming some of the corridor scenes in Hogwarts in the movie...
Last stop of the day was in Bath. The city of Bath has been a world heritage site since 1987. The city has been established as a spa resort since the Romans, but it became so popular during the Georgian era that it led to the expansion of Georgian Architectue (using Bath stone) that we see today and what the town is mainly famous for. As expected, Bath is very popular among the tourists and is also home to many students as it has 2 universites and many schools and colleges. The main attractions of the city are the Roman baths and the Abbey.
Entrance to the Roman baths
Inside of the roman baths... the foyer. You have to pay extra to go in, so I couldn't really be bothered having seen many in Turkey, of course, not as nice reconstructed as the one here.
Ancient pump room
Bath Abbey
hehe, I actually had one of these which tasted very nice and was needed since we didn't get back to London till like 8pm. It was like a 2hr 30 mins drive from Bath back to London.
Post office building...
Bath Pulteney Bridge, designed after the one in Florence. Space was actually made for shops to be constructed as part of the Bridge as well.
Interesting bar sign: The Ale House: Courage ltd.
Sally lunn's: the oldest house in Bath... just happened to chance upon it when I was walking down around the town.
Kings and Queen's Baths
On our way back to the city, our guide told us that if we looked over, we would actually looking at Wales... but the more surprising thing was the number of hot air balloons in the air at sunset!!!!! So pretty loh! If I can I really want to do that next time, it would be so cool... (but would probably cost me a bomb as well.... but the scenery would be so fantastic).