This was supposed to be a pretty calm and happy week. Parents finally in Budapest, relaxed mind after a break in Turkey, but no.... the first day of my day back in Hungary I had to go deal with some office drama.....
Long story short without being too detailed for my own good... When I was away on holiday, one of my classes chose to complain about me, my style of teaching, my personality. Hence the school called me up, and there was a hoo ha when they couldn't get hold of me immediately. So I was in Turkey when I got this call from the school and it wasn't very nice to listen to.
So when I came back, I went to visit the school to find out exactly happened. To be honest, I'm still very confused about the whole situation. I went to the school hoping to find out what exactly I did wrong, that the students took so long to tell me about, and maybe some constructive feedback so that I could improve on it in the future. I went in there all pumped up, ready for the worst, but in the end, I walked out with the knowledge that I had just been the scapegoat in the entire situation...
So I can't help but feel a little wtf about the whole situation. If anything, the whole thing sounds like a set up.... what are the odds that the complaint comes when I'm out of the country, when my students know that I'm out of the country. Plus, why did I not get any feedback from the class when I've asked them on several occasions for feedback... so giving them ample opportunity to bitch. So, I don't really know how to react now.... I don't feel mad at anyone in particular, i just feel mad that I have been used... wonder if anyone can understand me right now... urghhh... going to bed...
Long story short without being too detailed for my own good... When I was away on holiday, one of my classes chose to complain about me, my style of teaching, my personality. Hence the school called me up, and there was a hoo ha when they couldn't get hold of me immediately. So I was in Turkey when I got this call from the school and it wasn't very nice to listen to.
So when I came back, I went to visit the school to find out exactly happened. To be honest, I'm still very confused about the whole situation. I went to the school hoping to find out what exactly I did wrong, that the students took so long to tell me about, and maybe some constructive feedback so that I could improve on it in the future. I went in there all pumped up, ready for the worst, but in the end, I walked out with the knowledge that I had just been the scapegoat in the entire situation...
So I can't help but feel a little wtf about the whole situation. If anything, the whole thing sounds like a set up.... what are the odds that the complaint comes when I'm out of the country, when my students know that I'm out of the country. Plus, why did I not get any feedback from the class when I've asked them on several occasions for feedback... so giving them ample opportunity to bitch. So, I don't really know how to react now.... I don't feel mad at anyone in particular, i just feel mad that I have been used... wonder if anyone can understand me right now... urghhh... going to bed...