So after coming back from Auschwitz, we were all famished. There's nothing much to eat at the camp, and the bus took like 2 hours to come back to Krakow, so Anson took me to Sphinx... similar to the cafe cartel franchise in Singapore... pretty good food. Though I should mention that Poland still allows indoor smoking, so Anson got a bit irritated at it, though I must say that after living in Budapest, I've become quite used to passive smoking when I go out. It's just so hard to avoid really...


After tea time (I suppose I could call it that), we rented some bikes from the hostel owner and cycled down to Wawel castle and along the river where we walked around the castle grounds and did some cycling along the river for about 2 hours. The palace grounds are very popular to take bridal pictures... as I actually counted 3 bridal couples that evening when we were there...















For dinner, we found this really cheap place (I'm sorry I can't remember the place, but it's called Grandmother Raspberry in English, and it can be found in the Poland Lonely planet guide book). It was a really good place with decent prices and the portions were BIG. I tried the polish Zurek soup with potatoes and sausage, and polish pork chops with tomato sauce. Anson had the Bigos which is a savoury stew of cabbage and meat. One notices that in these parts, a lot of pickled cabbage is eaten. Even in prague ( pictures coming soon), this was a common vegetable served in czech restaurants. We couldn't finish our food even though we were so hungry.... which attests to the big portions that the restaurant provides..




Last post of Krakow coming up soon..... finally!!!
After tea time (I suppose I could call it that), we rented some bikes from the hostel owner and cycled down to Wawel castle and along the river where we walked around the castle grounds and did some cycling along the river for about 2 hours. The palace grounds are very popular to take bridal pictures... as I actually counted 3 bridal couples that evening when we were there...
For dinner, we found this really cheap place (I'm sorry I can't remember the place, but it's called Grandmother Raspberry in English, and it can be found in the Poland Lonely planet guide book). It was a really good place with decent prices and the portions were BIG. I tried the polish Zurek soup with potatoes and sausage, and polish pork chops with tomato sauce. Anson had the Bigos which is a savoury stew of cabbage and meat. One notices that in these parts, a lot of pickled cabbage is eaten. Even in prague ( pictures coming soon), this was a common vegetable served in czech restaurants. We couldn't finish our food even though we were so hungry.... which attests to the big portions that the restaurant provides..
Last post of Krakow coming up soon..... finally!!!