Meeting with the girls in Budapest

It was a rather lethargic week. Came back from Prague on monday night (photos to come soon) and found myself with a pretty easy week since one of my classes decided to take a week's holiday (due to the coincidental absence of their boss from the office) and I found myself with a pretty free week. I think for once in like the month, I was able to sleep in and come home early in the evenings as well.... it was also one weekend which I found myself staying at home and not having any plans (or not planning to) to travel anywhere out of Budapest.
Having all this time suddenly was probably not the best thing. I felt very lethargic most of the time and spent most of my free time catching up on my tv shows and watching as many movies as I could to clear my harddrive. In this time, I also did some reflection as I thought about how my time in Hungary as been (3 months and counting). So updates:

Immigration has almost been solved. Handed in my application last friday to request to get my visa earlier since I would be leaving the country again soon to meet up with my parents (miss home sooooo muchhhh!) This time, our officer was someone who was super knowledgeable with the immigration law and apparently the previous officer had failed to advise me on certain procedures and provide me with certain papers and ladiladida... what the hell am I not surprised.... So bottom line... all the paperwork has been filed on my part, and I can only cross my fingers and pray very hard that I'll be able to get my visa next friday so that I can safely leave the country... if not...
Rant time:
Last monday when I came back from Prague, I opened the fridge in my apartment to find that someone had used up nearly 3/4 of my bottle of my chilli sauce. If anything, taking my food without my permission is one of my pet peeves. I absolutely hate it when people take my food without my permission, so needless to say, I was soooo pissed.... Yes I have an idea who took it, and nope no one owned up. This is the not the first time it's happened... miraculously, my tomato ketchup and jam have also slowly diminished despite me not using it... and I was so so so so annoyed. I literally complained to all my family members, my friends... just anyone who would listen.... If there's anything I have learnt since coming here, it's that I'm so over this whole highschool I take your food coz I think you won't notice kind of shit... it's like wtf all the time... and I always always hate having to ask people whether they know who took my stuff because its sucks having to act so calculating about it just because people never think of the person who actually PAID for the stuff.

Anyhow, the week did end on a brighter note. Got a FB msg about having a girl's night out for the Selti teachers, and having not seen of my female colleagues for a long time, I was keen to meet everyone for some drinks and catch up. I had almost forgotten how cheap drinks can be.... I went out with 4000 forints and came back with a 1000. I was like crap, how on earth did I spend so much money? Then I thought oh... that's was only about 20 NZ dollars at most... and I had at least 2 margaritas and a couple of beers...man.. i think in auckland, i probably would have spent about 50 bucks already...pictures from that night below...

Labels:
0 Responses