Vienna - part 2 Schonbrunn Palace

Sometimes I wish that despite my yellow skin and un-European facial features, I was born into a European Royal Family, preferably like the Habsburg family. If that was so, I would be able to enjoy this massive palace, which unfortunately I will not be able to show to all my friends because I am forbidden to have any permanent photographic momentos of the inside of the palace. I am certain (in my own personal opinion) that its because, the royal family does not want her neighbouring countries copying her interior design style (which probably attests to how great it is).
However, the palace grounds are also something to be admired. When we got out of the palace, it was like this extensive piece of land in front of us, flanked by the privy gardens to the left, and the maze/labyrinth to the right, and the lookout point, the gloriette right in front of us. Despite it being spring and probably still much cooler in Budapest, it was considerably hot in Vienna that I walked around in just my T-shirt the whole time I was there.

Garderners actually trim the tree to be of the same length at the top, so it's like one straight line all across.

The lookout point on the palace grounds is called the Gloriette and I could actually look out to the palace grounds and the city of Vienna beyond it.


And if you thought that was it, you are wrong. The royals also had their own personal playground...Maze and Labyrinths, where they could possibly spend hours getting lost, and playing the various mathematical games there.

Fengshui stone at the Maze. Bigger one for men and smaller one for women (so typical right). The plaque said that if we touch or hugged the opposing stone, we would be transferring our energy to our loved ones...
Furthermore, during every easter there is a festival held on the palace grounds, where there are many painted eggs and various local produce being sold...
Apple strudel show at the palace grounds. The pastry chef was such a poser haha... she actually said to the audience that she could pose with the pastry if anyone liked her to do so. Everytime someone took a picture she took a few seconds to pose for them...
Having drinks after the strudel show, at the cafe located on the palace grounds.
Labels:
0 Responses