Oh what to blog about... :P
7:46 AM
This was my excuse the past week for not blogging. I kept thinking, oh what do I blog about, I've not been anywhere! But tonight, at 1am, I was looking at my camera after a day trip out to Vac (a town outside Budapest which I will blog more on later), I was like oh... I do have heaps of pictures from other events... So there are are a lot of pictures to show, but as its nearly 2am and I am dreadfully tired, I shall just upload some of my social pictures and will do a more detailed post on my explorations tomorrow, which I do assume is what most people will be waiting to read about :)
Teaching update: I am getting more classes to teach!!! Terifying and a relief at the same time. Terrified because I obviously lack experience and I always wonder whether my lesson plans are actually helping the students, and having to juggle between what the student prefers to do, and what their management wants me to do with them. A relief because at least I get to do something now instead of moping around the house and thinking crazy thoughts to myself hahaha. I been to quite a number of client interviews now, and I somehow find myself being very relaxed and honest about the whole situation. Like, I don't mind playing on my strengths like having a degree etc etc, but I also don't mind admitting my weaknesses like my obvious lack of experience, and the slow pace in which I seem to be getting my teaching cert. I've sort been thinking like ," this is me, I'm human... got bad points and good points... so its up to you to decide whether you want me or not... I'm not going to lie about something I'm not." So... yah... One stereotype I've noticed though is that a number of schools have asked me if english is my first language. Hate to point it out, but its obviously because I'm an Asian kid. Luckily, I've been so de-sensitized to that question (since my days in New Zealand), that I immediately laugh it off and just answer the question.
AIESEC update: Going to be rather honest here, and AIESEC Budapest, hasn't been as supportive as I thought it would be. My buddy just quit AIESEC, and I only learnt about it today by accident because I met her on the tram. Aimee said that she already got a call from her new buddy, but I have yet to get anything. So as it stands, I have yet to sign my contract, and I really hope I get paid next week... if not, I'm probably to get like really really annoyed... and most of my friends should know my shitty look is very shitty. I wonder if they'll actually have the initiative to make sure I get my visa or if I am going to get kicked out of the country first. As it stands... the second option looks more realistic now. I mean... if they're going to take like 5% of my salary every month, they should at least do some work for it.... GRRRRR....
Teaching update: I am getting more classes to teach!!! Terifying and a relief at the same time. Terrified because I obviously lack experience and I always wonder whether my lesson plans are actually helping the students, and having to juggle between what the student prefers to do, and what their management wants me to do with them. A relief because at least I get to do something now instead of moping around the house and thinking crazy thoughts to myself hahaha. I been to quite a number of client interviews now, and I somehow find myself being very relaxed and honest about the whole situation. Like, I don't mind playing on my strengths like having a degree etc etc, but I also don't mind admitting my weaknesses like my obvious lack of experience, and the slow pace in which I seem to be getting my teaching cert. I've sort been thinking like ," this is me, I'm human... got bad points and good points... so its up to you to decide whether you want me or not... I'm not going to lie about something I'm not." So... yah... One stereotype I've noticed though is that a number of schools have asked me if english is my first language. Hate to point it out, but its obviously because I'm an Asian kid. Luckily, I've been so de-sensitized to that question (since my days in New Zealand), that I immediately laugh it off and just answer the question.
AIESEC update: Going to be rather honest here, and AIESEC Budapest, hasn't been as supportive as I thought it would be. My buddy just quit AIESEC, and I only learnt about it today by accident because I met her on the tram. Aimee said that she already got a call from her new buddy, but I have yet to get anything. So as it stands, I have yet to sign my contract, and I really hope I get paid next week... if not, I'm probably to get like really really annoyed... and most of my friends should know my shitty look is very shitty. I wonder if they'll actually have the initiative to make sure I get my visa or if I am going to get kicked out of the country first. As it stands... the second option looks more realistic now. I mean... if they're going to take like 5% of my salary every month, they should at least do some work for it.... GRRRRR....
So I actually do not believe that I've had the chance to show many pictures of the people I work with in Selti, or of the other foreign interns who are currently working in Budapest as well. Just a brief description. Most of the interns who don't work in Selti (that I've met), work in Tata... yes that big Indian company. However, there are good number as well who work in numerous industries or different companies in Hungary. Having said that, the people I work with in Selti, are a really young bunch... so obviously, they love to party and have beers every weekend... so often our gatherings are still like a revolve around alcohol and smokes times infinity. But it's a cool bunch...so here they are...
One of the few group pictures that I actually have of Selti teachers (well, most of them)
Samantha, Lauren, me
Simon (our head teacher)
Kate and I
Haha.. ok.. Ryan and I... Ryan is the managing director of Selti, so I guess you know what that makes him...
Spanish teacher Raquel and her boyfriend. Next picture is with Raquel and Marianne... Spanish teachers...Sneha and I
Aimee and me!! (kiwis..)
Justyna and I
The girl next to me is Maria, Aimee's Serbian roommate. I hang out at their flat frequently, so that week, her sister and friend came to visit from Serbia and this is my photo with them :)
A Russian, A Singaporean and A British.... hmmm