Salzburg: Exploring the city 3 and fun in the hostel...

Ok if you didn't guess it, Turkish march was written by Mozart and it is one of the few classical pieces that I like alot! So Mozart himself was born and raised in Salzburg, and I got to visit his birthplace right in the heart of the old town!

There are two Mozart museums in the city. The one on the right is the place where he was born and the one on the left is the second house that he lived in (still in Salzburg). In my opinion, there is more to see in the first house as you get to see the music instruments that Mozart used as a child as well as an extensive history of his family and the plays that Mozart composed and had a part in.

The cute baby violin that Mozart used when he was just a small boy...

Personal items/jewellery owned by Mozart. They were mostly given to him as presents from important people (E.g. bishops)

Family Piano

Cute painting on the wall of the house

View of the city from Mozart's birthplace


Mozart family tree

Music from the Magic flute, a theatre performance composed by Mozart.

At a shop nearby the Mozart museum I discovered them selling alcohol in these violin shaped bottles which I thought was quite cute and really tempting to buy! They even had them in mini sizes...

I stayed at this hostel called the Yoho hostel. I chose primarily because it was a short walk from the train station so I wouldn't have to worry so much about lugging my backpack around for too much. So you know when you travel around and stay in a hostel, you always try and be friendly with the people in your room just because. So I came back and decided to go down to the hostel bar with some people in my room for happy hour drinks and someone I ended up participating in the movie quiz that night. It was like they would play some music from the soundtrack of a movie/tv series/ musical and you would have to guess what it was. And guess what, my team won!!!! WOOHOO... so cool.... so pictures below, and the runner up team was also staying in the same room as our team... so basically the majority of our room was partying in the bar that night. So that was one of the few times I got really trashed in the hostel and had bit too much beer to drink... (which is hard to avoid when my drink keeps getting replenished with a new glass even before I've finished my old one.... guy drink so much faster than me)...
Pics of the winning team and the runner up team below :)


So we were already drinking for a couple of hours, and one of the guys, Ryan wanted to go out to the clubs in the old town, but I and a couple others were feeling too lazy to go, so he tried to speed up the process of getting everyone drunk so that we wouldn't think too much about it. Can I just say that baileys in beer is the grossest thing ever and it was so yuck and I kept complaining about it that I didn't even finish my drink and one of the guys had to finish it for me...



This is what happens to you when you get totally trashed and pass out at the table... people start writing things on you with a PERMANENT marker.... In everyone's defense, everyone was so drunk when they did that, I didn't even know that I had these pictures on my camera till the next morning when I was looking back on my camera and I was like holy cow where did these pictures come from!


So it was a really fun night.... but just a note of warning for those who are planning to get trashed... never sleep on the top bunk and get trashed if you can help it... Having to run down the steps in the darkness and scrambling for the door is NEVER a good idea, especially when speed is of the essence....
Labels:
0 Responses