Hungary: Trip to Villany from Pecs

As mentioned before, Pecs is near the wine route of Villany-Siklos, so my second day in Pecs, I took the train to Villany. Despite it being only 25 km away from Pecs,the train stops at almost every town on the way there, so the journey took about 1 hour, but it was a nice scenic route, so I didn't mind so much. I didn't think that I really needed much time in Villany anyway.

I heart colours of Autumn :)

Vineyards in my backyard...

I was a bit surprised when I reached the centre of the town and found it so quiet and almost deserted-like. I kept thinking to myself, is it because it's a saturday? I expected cars to be driving up and down and people to be walking up and down the streets, but there was almost literally no one that I almost suspected that if I was on the wrong street... but no... there were wine cellars everywhere... just hardly any visitors.

A typical wine cellar has its wine prices and bottles up front for the visitor to see. You can also order a tasting selection of 6 wines if you like.

There were so many to choose from, I didn't know which one was good, so I just randomly walked into one (pic below) and ordered a tasting selection... Hee bad choice... when she came out with the 6 glasses, I was like "right Genevieve Bong, you are going to die now..."

Anyhow, luckily, these wine cellar's wines were very nice. I enjoyed 2 of their reds and bought a bottle to bring back home to Budapest, and they had a small courtyard which had a mini vineyard as well, so it was nice to sit out in the sun and pretend I was like Russell Crowe in A Good Year



Lunch was like a necessity as that. I was so hungry I finished the whole pizza.. imagine that. Prices were like half of what I would usually pay in Budapest. That medium sized pizza only cost me like 1030 forints... (3.5 Euros)

Scenery from the Train on the way back to Pecs... loved looking at the vineyards from afar...

Labels:
0 Responses