London: Harrods
5:25 AM
Harrods just is like a shopper's dream. Even for people for me who do more window shopping than actual shopping. The interior is just so unique (egyptian halls).... the service is impeccable... I walked in wearing jeans and rather plain clothing, and yet I was greeted so warmly by the staff.... and this cute looking man at the perfume counter came up to me and asked if I would like to try the new estee lauder perfume which of course I was happy to try....I guess one could say that I fell in love with the store the moment I walked in... The egyptian decoration of the store is really unique... but I guess what most tourists come to see is the Diana/Dodi memorial in the basement...
The one part of the shopping centre that caught my eye was the FOOD hall.... That place is a gourmet's heaven... and is the epitome of excellent marketing/creativity/packaging of food. Everything is sooooooo nice to look at, just it's just so mouthwatering and tempting.... that I was so tempted to buy something from the food hall despite it being on the high side of things.....Every section of the food hall that I walked to, I was like oh... so pretty....
These were so mouth watering.... haven't had YUM CHAR in such a long time...
They even have a Krispy Kreme shop in the store... just shows how legendary these donuts are...
This was as much of London as I could see. I actually had to buy a guidebook coz there was so much to see and I had to really organize my trips in order to maximise my time there... Unfortunately, this was the end of my London trip... as I had to rush back to hostel to get in a few winks as I had to leave the hostel at 2am in the morning to catch the bus to London Stansted for my trip to Dublin.... more photos to come....