Budapest: October Recap
10:26 PM
I got my new travel pass for November today and I was thinking to myself, wow... we're already at November.... where did October go? Did I make full use of October? Anyhow, this is what I remember:
1. Made Tau Suan with Gina. Hooray for making your own local dishes when you can't get them overseas. I might add that we had to make a trip back to the dodgy Chinese market to buy the 油条. I even tried out the chap chye hawker stall this time, which was just like eating at a hawker centre back home. Don't look at your surroundings and at the kitchen, just pay and eat. hahahaha. I brought some back home for my landlady to try and she practically picked at it. But the next day, when I made fried wontons, she GOBBLED the whole thing up and left only two in the tupperware....
2. Hot wine nights with Aimee
Even since the very very noticeable change in weather, Aimee and I have made a point in scouting out the cafes/bars in Raday Utca area for hot wine. I must say that our favourite hang out has become Clavo on Raday Utca, which sells hot wine for 400 forints for 2dl. It also sells delicious French Onion soup and fries btw though Aimee was able to get garlic mustard sauce from them.

3. Went to Bulgaria. (Blogged about that already).
4. Came back from Bulgaria to find the sink stacked with unwashed dishes courtesy of my landlady who is very habitual about this. I was sooooo wth... (which in my opinion is understandable because I left the apartment with an empty sink) that I whipped out my camera for photographic evidence. And just to clarify, this unwashed dishes thingy, happens almost every day.

5. Said goodbye to Delaney. I think that it's always sad to see someone go and move on. Delaney, has been my colleague at Selti for the past 6 months and is now movin to Senegal to engage in humanitarian work with her boyfriend... which is oh so sweet, but we still miss her heaps anyway. She had her farewell party the night I came back from Sofia, and we had pizza at Paris Texas on Raday Utca. It was good to have a big group, coz we got to try many different types.


Funny intense pic of my boss and his 500ml beer glass.

6. Finished a teaching course. Come to think of it, it was probably the first teaching course I had that ran its full course, so it was the first time I had to say a goodbye speech to a student, and it was hard because I did like this student, and I enjoyed teaching her at 7.30am IN THE MORNING. I tried to hint to her to extend, but of course she said that the end of year is always a terror for her so she could only resume next year (by which there is a high possibility that I wouldn't be able to teach her anymore).
7. Saw David Tan drunk for the first time. Met david at church and we've become good friends during these few months. His girlfriend was visiting him from malaysia and we decided to go out for dinner. First time I saw him maybe a little trashed. I guess the wine made him braver as he went out trashing my beautiful lovely country (in a funny way) and he made me laugh till my mouth literally ached...... haha fun times...

Drinking previously in the summer in Morrisons.

8. Went to Sopron. Had such a fun time here. Pictures up in next post! I don't have all of them yet.
1. Made Tau Suan with Gina. Hooray for making your own local dishes when you can't get them overseas. I might add that we had to make a trip back to the dodgy Chinese market to buy the 油条. I even tried out the chap chye hawker stall this time, which was just like eating at a hawker centre back home. Don't look at your surroundings and at the kitchen, just pay and eat. hahahaha. I brought some back home for my landlady to try and she practically picked at it. But the next day, when I made fried wontons, she GOBBLED the whole thing up and left only two in the tupperware....
2. Hot wine nights with Aimee
Even since the very very noticeable change in weather, Aimee and I have made a point in scouting out the cafes/bars in Raday Utca area for hot wine. I must say that our favourite hang out has become Clavo on Raday Utca, which sells hot wine for 400 forints for 2dl. It also sells delicious French Onion soup and fries btw though Aimee was able to get garlic mustard sauce from them.
3. Went to Bulgaria. (Blogged about that already).
4. Came back from Bulgaria to find the sink stacked with unwashed dishes courtesy of my landlady who is very habitual about this. I was sooooo wth... (which in my opinion is understandable because I left the apartment with an empty sink) that I whipped out my camera for photographic evidence. And just to clarify, this unwashed dishes thingy, happens almost every day.
5. Said goodbye to Delaney. I think that it's always sad to see someone go and move on. Delaney, has been my colleague at Selti for the past 6 months and is now movin to Senegal to engage in humanitarian work with her boyfriend... which is oh so sweet, but we still miss her heaps anyway. She had her farewell party the night I came back from Sofia, and we had pizza at Paris Texas on Raday Utca. It was good to have a big group, coz we got to try many different types.
Funny intense pic of my boss and his 500ml beer glass.
6. Finished a teaching course. Come to think of it, it was probably the first teaching course I had that ran its full course, so it was the first time I had to say a goodbye speech to a student, and it was hard because I did like this student, and I enjoyed teaching her at 7.30am IN THE MORNING. I tried to hint to her to extend, but of course she said that the end of year is always a terror for her so she could only resume next year (by which there is a high possibility that I wouldn't be able to teach her anymore).
7. Saw David Tan drunk for the first time. Met david at church and we've become good friends during these few months. His girlfriend was visiting him from malaysia and we decided to go out for dinner. First time I saw him maybe a little trashed. I guess the wine made him braver as he went out trashing my beautiful lovely country (in a funny way) and he made me laugh till my mouth literally ached...... haha fun times...
Drinking previously in the summer in Morrisons.

8. Went to Sopron. Had such a fun time here. Pictures up in next post! I don't have all of them yet.
i think its a european thing that they never wash their dishes. my roommate used to leave the dishes for 3 days, said the weather didnt allow ants or croachroaches.