Adventures on Castle Hill
1:46 AM
So I had my first client meeting two days ago. It was quite nerve wrecking... everything is so hands on here that it really took some getting used to for me. So used to being so organized and well prepared for everything, and my boss was just smiling at me and saying, "you'll be all right". The magic sentence -> supposedly.... I can't begin the count the times I've been told that sentence " you'll be all right" in the past couple of days. However, the interview went fine (thank god) and I'll be having my first class next monday, teaching conversational english to a hungarian man who works in Johnson and Johnson. Cross fingers, hope he likes me.
But after that, I met up with Justyna, who had also arrived around the same time as me, but has not been called up for any client meetings as yet. It was a really foggy day, but we both had the afternoon free, so we went for a hike (literally) up castle hill. First we crossed the bridge over to Buda

and then we decided to just walk up this hill in search of a certain museum on Justyna's map. It was a really steep hill! And we actually very nearly gave up and went back down.
The hill looked very gloomy and like as if some monster was going to come out and grab me while I was walking. However, while on the road, I spied this really interesting mosiac roof from afar and suggested that we walk to it as it looked near. LOOKED. It was a steep climb for another fifteen minutes and SUDDENLY, we were on the castle!!!! The view was like WOW, despite the foggy day and the cold, the city actually did look quite nice from the top. Pictures are below:
The church with the pretty mosiac roof that caught my attention




View of the parliament from across on Pest. Buda-> Pest :)


Justyna and I! Justyna is from Canada but of polish descent. So she speaks polish as well :) Notice I'm wearing all black? Just realized that most of working clothes are black... I couldn't exactly wear jeans to a work interview right? haha.

Justyna and I both agreed that this would all look so much nicer in Spring/Summer, so we're definitely to come back then, and hope do a tour or two. Incidentally, this reminds me. There were actually alot of hungarians who came up to Justyna and asked if she spoke English, and when she replied yes, they actually asked her for any small change or tried to sell her some personally typed tourist guide about castle hill. I guess being asian sort of helps coz I guess most assume that I speak neither english nor hungarian and I'm not worth scamming... but it still helps to be careful :)
But after that, I met up with Justyna, who had also arrived around the same time as me, but has not been called up for any client meetings as yet. It was a really foggy day, but we both had the afternoon free, so we went for a hike (literally) up castle hill. First we crossed the bridge over to Buda
and then we decided to just walk up this hill in search of a certain museum on Justyna's map. It was a really steep hill! And we actually very nearly gave up and went back down.
The church with the pretty mosiac roof that caught my attention
View of the parliament from across on Pest. Buda-> Pest :)
Justyna and I! Justyna is from Canada but of polish descent. So she speaks polish as well :) Notice I'm wearing all black? Just realized that most of working clothes are black... I couldn't exactly wear jeans to a work interview right? haha.
Justyna and I both agreed that this would all look so much nicer in Spring/Summer, so we're definitely to come back then, and hope do a tour or two. Incidentally, this reminds me. There were actually alot of hungarians who came up to Justyna and asked if she spoke English, and when she replied yes, they actually asked her for any small change or tried to sell her some personally typed tourist guide about castle hill. I guess being asian sort of helps coz I guess most assume that I speak neither english nor hungarian and I'm not worth scamming... but it still helps to be careful :)